Let the London Games begin. Credit: Flickr/ell brown
The Olympic Opening Ceremonies are like the Super Bowl and Oscars combined…on crack. We can’t wait.
As befits a British pub, The Red Lion (4749 N. Rockwell) is celebrating the London Games with all-you-can-eat fish and chips, Scotch eggs and Pimms Cups during a viewing party of the O.C. tonight.
If you’re planning your own bash at home, we have a few ideas:
- For a Team USA theme, serve only foods that are red, white and/or blue. And if you come up with something blue other than blueberries, let us know.
- Play Fashion Police during the Parade of Nations. This is way more fun during the Winter Olympics when even the Italians struggle to look chic in their parkas.
- Do a shot whenever Bob Costas rattles off a stupid stat. Better make that every fifth stupid stat or you’ll be sloshed by 8 p.m.
- Dress in the colors of the flag of your nation(s) of origin. For this reporter, that would be some combination of German, Swiss and Czech, so, basically, plaid.
- Take some plain doughnuts and frost them in the colors of the Olympic rings (blue, black, red, yellow, green). Substituting chocolate for black is totally acceptable.