This dreamy depiction of a potential Ashland Avenue was created through months of conversations with community members. Renderings by Moss Design.
Update: There were a number of errors in our original reporting. Correct information is now shown in italics. We regret the errors.
Lakeview Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Heather Way reported a series of steps forward with the Lakeview Area Master Plan (LAMP) at last night’s West Lakeview Neighbors meeting. Among them:
- A bike sharing program with 60 bicycles could be operating by next spring, sponsored by the Chicago Cubs. No sponsor has yet been identified.
- The recently passed 2011 federal budget includes $1.4 million in appropriations for the Lincoln-Belmont-Ashland intersection reconstruction has been committed by the federal government.
- Negotiations are under way A meeting has been held with Whole Foods to discuss creating create a pedestrian mall on Marshfield Ave between School and Roscoe Streets.
- The Chamber has created a non-profit, Friends of Lakeview, to use as a recipient for grant funds, the bike-sharing program and other LAMP initiatives.
- The Chamber is negotiating with the Southport Neighbors Association to move the Southport Green Market from the Blaine School to a space next to the Southport El stop.