Burglars teach residents how to keep their homes safe
The Roscoe Village Chamber of Commerce invited former burglars to teach people how to keep their home safe. Area resident Mehran R. Sorouri shared with us what he learned. Sorouri is a chiropractic physician from Global Chiropractic and Rehab Center on Belmont at Damen. Here are some notes he took from the event as a business owner who runs his business from the ground level on the street:
- Burglars may come in dressed as trades people (ComEd, AT&T, plumbers, carpenters etc.) and scope out your place. It is always important to keep an eye on them and always ask for their identification.
- Know your neighbors. Burglars hate a busy neighborhood.
- Don’t announce that you’ll be going on vacation, etc.
- Look out for people leaving flyers, menus, etc. on your door. They may be returning to see if you’ve picked them up giving them an idea of your availability at your place.
- Get an alarm or if you have one always use it!