Editor’s Note: We want to get to know our neighbors, so we picked five questions to ask each of them. Feel free to ask them your own questions in the comments. Or submit your own responses on our submissions page.
Chui Correa and his wife, Guadalupe, owners of Chui’s Food Store at 4852 N. Damen Ave have been in business in the neighborhood for over 20 years. Chui, a Mexican–American with a heritage that spans over 40 years as a Chicagoan, worked in the restaurant industry before starting up his retail business. The Correas’ store features dry goods, produce and a meat department as well as cookware and a key shop. Whether you need to pick up some groceries for the week, need last minute dinner ingredients or you just moved in to the neighborhood and need a spare key. Chui’s is your best choice when you’re in the area.
1. What’s your favorite business in the neighborhood?
Sears is our favorite store in the neighborhood.
2. What do you do in your spare time when you’re not here?
I like to play soccer along the lakefront.
3. What would you like to see change or improve in the neighborhood?
The taxes. They’re too high because the city needs money.
4. Who would you like to welcome into the neighborhood?
A new bakery. The corner on Lawrence & Damen would be a good spot for a bakery.
5. What would you like to say to all of the people in your neighborhood?
Whatever you need, come to Chui’s and we’ll be happy to help you!